Aptitude Test Answer Key
- Do they have 4th of July in England? Yes - they have a 3rd, and a 5th too. They just don't celebrate it like we do!
- How many birth days does the average man have? Just one (the day he was born) although he celebrates it every year.
- Why can't a man living in Winston-Salem N.C. be buried west of the Mississippi River? Because he's still "living".
- If you had only one match, and entered a room in which there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first? The match, of course.
- Some months have 30 days, some have 31. How many months have 28? All 12 of them have 28 days or more.
- If a doctor gave you 3 pills and told you to take one every half-hour, how long would they last you? One hour. You take the first one, then 30 minutes later you take the second, then 30 minutes later you take the third. That's one hour.
- A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure. A big bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear? White. You must be at the North Pole to see South in all four directions and there are only white polar bears there!
- How far can a dog run in the woods? Half way, then technically it is running out.
- What four words appear on every denomination of U.S. coins? "In God We Trust"
- What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the field during any part of an inning? 10 (9 fielders plus one batter).
- How many outs are in each inning? 6 - 3 for each team.
- Two U.S. coins total 55 cents. One is not a nickel (bear that in mind). What are to two coins? A fifty cent piece and a nickel. We said "one is not a nickel" - that was the fifty cent piece.
- A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many does he have left? 9
- Divide 30 by ½ and add 10. What is your answer? 70
- Two men played checkers. They played five games and each man won the same number of games. How is that possible? They weren't playing each other.
- If you take two apples from three apples, how many do you have? Two. Now give them back!
- A woman gives a beggar 50 cents. The woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How is this possible? The beggar is the woman's sister.
- How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him? None. It was Noah who took the animals on the ark.
- Is it legal in North Carolina for a man to marry his widow's sister? Yes, because for a man's wife to be a widow, he must be dead. How can he marry?
- What word is misspelled in this test? Appitude should be Aptitude.
How did you score?
16+ - You've seen this test before!
10-15 - Most people are in this group - congrats! Which ones tripped you up?
5-9 - Try applying at one of our competitors!
0-4 - Put down that do-it-yourself product and carefully call for help!
If you're puzzled by pest problems at your home or business... let Adam's solve them for you!